POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Halves (New Version) : Re: Halves (New Version) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 19:25:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Halves (New Version)
From: Kitsune e
Date: 11 Mar 2003 16:30:04
Message: <web.3e6e53cda2a26ca6c7e180360@news.povray.org>
Renderdog wrote:
>The image looks great.
>
>That sandy ground is awesome! I'm not clear on how it was created and would
>love to learn more. What is Fireworks, and inner and outer shadows?
>
>Thanks,
>Mark

I agree!  A mini tutorial on the sand/dirt effect would be appreciated!

As for the rest of the image I can only see one problem area.  It is in the
normal on the metal rings.  The normal is too deep, and causes a grainy
look on the metal.  This can be seen most clearly on the foremost top ring.

{bumps .05} in the relevant section.  Other then that I thing the image is
very
effective.  Definitely wallpaper material.